Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT
Rileys has a long heritage of providing leisure and entertainment for adults in their clubs. They are places where friends can meet and enjoy a game of pool or snooker, play on machines that test their skill and judgement and enjoy prepared food and a drink in a convivial atmosphere.
It is within this environment that Rileys Managers are focused on ensuring that compliance to legal responsibilities are met whilst maintaining the loyalty of it´s members and the reputation the brand has gained.
Rileys principles applied to Poker games
1. We will act to ensure all members and staff engaged in Poker activities are treated with respect and integrity, honestly and politely.
2. We will not expose staff and customers, either directly or indirectly to any coercion, enticement, or encouragement to gamble.
3. We will ensure that all activities do not present any illegality, hazard or intimidation to any member, guest or Rileys staff when engaged in Poker activity.
Part 1: Under 18´s
1. No person under the age of 18 will be allowed to play any form of Poker in a Rileys club.
2. In the case of doubt about the age of an individual, then that individual will be required to provide proof of their age in the form of a civil document. E.g. Passport, driving licence with photograph.
3. The Club Manager will have the final decision about any individual who wishes to play Poker in a Rileys club.
4. Any promotional materials associated with Poker will not be sent to those members who will be under 18 when the material arrives at their home.
5. Adult members who encourage under 18´s to try to play Poker will be asked to leave the club.
6. Under 18´s will not be allowed to play on line Poker, and will be asked to leave if they attempt to do so.
7. Under 18´s will not be allowed to spectate in the Poker playing area.
8. Any person who is known to be under 18, who infringes these rules will be asked to leave the club immediately.
9. Prior to any Poker event, notices will be displayed advising under 18´s they cannot play in any Poker event. The tournament director will also announce this policy at the beginning and at the restart of a Poker Event.
10. Where Poker tables are provided by the Club for casual games, a notice will be prominently displayed for under 18´s, advising them that the Policy of Rileys is that players must be over 18. The club manager will check ages of players at these tables if there is any suspicion that they may be under 18.
Part 2: Poker Game Conduct
1. Rileys have undertaken to train all staff involved in Poker Events. It will continue to train new and existing staff to understand the appropriate protocols for the game of Poker.
2. Rileys will introduce Poker games that are tailored to those who do not wish to gamble money, but enjoy the game of Poker.
3. The decision of the Tournament Director will be final where any disputes occur between players. Should the decision not be accepted, Rileys have in place an external advice centre to adjudicate when interpretations of Poker rules are unusually complex.
4. The Rules of Poker will be prominently displayed in the Poker playing area of the club.
5. Where any player is suspected of playing in a manner which indicates collusion or to gain unfair advantage over other players, they will be asked to leave the game and not allowed to play in any other games in that event.
6. Rileys Poker will only be conducted in English, irrespective of the natural languages of the players.
7. Poker stakes will be made in pounds (£) sterling.
8. All Poker stake transactions will be supported by a confirming receipt.
Part 3: Social Responsibility
1. Rileys will ensure that advertising or customer awareness programmes are audited by an external agency to ensure that the materials used do not entice members to gamble.
2. Rileys will seek to obtain the opinions of members and players to respond to any reasonable suggestions or comments.
3. Any personal data collected about customers will remain accessible to those customers for inspection.
4. Rileys are actively involved with GAMCARE and will actively promote an awareness of addictive gambling.
5. Where a player is suspected of extravagant bidding, Rileys will take steps to discourage that player to continue to play.
6. Rileys staff will not be allowed to play in Poker events at their normal place of work.
7. Players will not be allowed to play Poker in immodest or inappropriate dress.
8. Rileys will actively work with others where it is suspected that there is a suspicion of illegality, unsafe practice or a breach of integrity.
9. Rileys will treat as extremely serious any allegation made concerning another´s sexual, racial, ethnic origin, colour, or religious orientation whilst on Rileys premises.
10. Rileys staff will at all times throughout any Poker event, report the data and information required to ensure they are able to supervise events and remain within the strictures of their statutory responsibilities.